While buying thresher machine and equipment, you should keep the following things should in mind while choosing the thresher:
How To Choose Thresher Machine?
- Quality Mark
Standards institute gives some instructions to make the instrument and according to them, if the thresher is made, those threshers are recognized by the standards institute. As far as possible, only machines with institute marks should be purchased.
- Machine Capacity
Threshing machines are now being made of different capacities. It is directly related to the source of power. Machines with different capacities and power requirements are available in the market, so threshers should be selected according to the capacity and available power. Generally, the capacity of wheat, gram, soybean thresher is 0.4 to 0.5 qtl/h/h, and jowar and paddy thresher is 0.75 to 1.0 qtl/h/h.
- Thresher Price
The choice of thresher depends on its cost, as always the farmer wants to get a low-cost thresher. But it can sometimes prove to be wrong. The low-cost threshers have lightweight parts. Due to this, the thresher does not work for long.
- Availability of repairs and spare parts
Deepening is time-bound and short-term work. Therefore, farmers should take the same thresher whose parts are available in the local market. Repairing the machine should be by the local artisans, or else the farmer has to bear heavy losses.
- Safety Device
Along with the use of threshers, accidents are also increasing. Because the workers doing the work of threshron do not have training and they do not have complete knowledge, accidents happen. Therefore, selecting the thresher which has safety equipment is a wise decision. In its absence, there is a possibility of a loss of both money and the public.
- Thresher’s Design
Good design ie ISI The tread made according to the instructions of the CS has the characteristics of lightness, tightness, and vibration-free of parts and the facility of replacement of parts. High-quality parts last longer and work flawlessly.
- Adjustment Facility
Various units work in Threshers. If they are not in proper coordination, then the depth is not right. Sometimes while threshing the grains break or go along with the straw. For proper coordination of all these units, every unit should have a proper adjustment facility. Threshers that have this provision give less damage. For example, adjusting the wind speed, conveyance clearance, sieve speed, etc. makes the depth better. Therefore, for good results, select the area in which this adjustment facility is there.
- Power Source
The threshing machine requires a power source for running. Farmers who already have some power source available generally buy threshers. The farmer should buy only a thresher matching with the available source, buying a thresher of less or more power than that will not work well, or running the thresher will be outside the capacity of the source. If there is a source of more capacity, then its power will be a waste without using it properly, so only purchase a thresher of the right power.
- Crops grown
Threshing different crops is not possible with the same machine. For instance, a wheat thresher cannot thresh pulse crops. Therefore, choose the thresher according to the crop. It is good to buy a thresher according to the maximum number of crops. If the thresher has to be hired after its work, then its main crop should also be taken care of.
- Ease of change and convenience in sowing of different crops
Usually, farmers take more than one variety of crops. The same farmer takes varieties of pulses, oilseeds, or food grains. Their facility will be that all the crops should be threshed with one thresher. That thresher should be selected, which has the facility to change the thresher.
- Requirement of workers in deepening
Harvesting and threshing is a short-term job. There is a huge shortage of workers in this. Because all the people do the work of harvesting and threshing at the same time. In this situation, the choice of a thresher which requires less labor is beneficial.
- Thresher device installation
The proper use and working efficiency of an embroidery machine depend to a great extent on its installation. The parts of the machine that should be go through thorough inspection such as nutbolts, grease cups, pulleys, etc. should be also have a proper connection. All these operations are part of the pre-inspection phase of the machine. The working capacity of the machine and the uninterrupted work depend on these things.
Threshing Machine How It Works?
The direction of release of straw in the thresher should be in the direction of wind blowing. If it were the opposite, the straw would come back from the evacuation on the workers and they would find it difficult to work. On the other hand, one can find the straw in granules. Then cleaning the grains will have to be cleaned again. So the direction of both should be the same.
- Machine stability
It is very important for the threshing machine and the power source to be stable at their respective places. To keep it stable, place the thresher in the ground about 15 cm. Also, keep the pits in it. When the thresher is on a pucca floor, the wheels have with hinges and have ropes to help hold the pegs. The wheels of the tractor are also kept fixed in the same way.
- Leveling of threshing machine
Level the thresher lengthwise and halfway so that all units are equally weighted and the threshing machine works in perfect harmony.
- Straightness of Thresher Pulley and Power Source Pulley
Thresher’s pulley and tractor or any other source of power, then its pull should be in the same line. Otherwise, the leash will repeatedly come off the culverts and will hamper the work. So it should be both on the same line.
Precautions in operating the Thresher
- Clean the machine.
- Tighten all nutbolts.
- Fill the bearing cups with a good grade of grease.
- Before running the thresher, turn the hand in the direction in which the cylinder is to be, to see that there is no obstruction, if there is any obstruction, fix it immediately.
- Check whether the plane of the thresher is correct, adjust the tension of the straps between the pulley of the thresher and the power source and check their straightness.
- Check that the thresher and power source are properly holding. Put turrets on lease.
- Use only enough power to operate the thresher.
- By running the thresher empty, the direction of its movement is correct or not, satisfy it and correct it.
- The threshing speed (m/min) of each thresher is for a particular crop. Most of the time it is on the cover of the floating threshing drum.
- Measure the concave clearance to see if it is suitable for the crop for threshing. If not, fix it.
- Check crop status. She should be well. Deep threshing of a crop with high moisture takes more power.
- Check the power source thoroughly. If tractor engines are there, check and repair them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep the crop near the thresher so that there is no problem during threshing.
- Keep water drums so that if someone catches fire, it is extinguishable.
Safety measures while operating the Thresher
- There should always be a corrugation.
- Do not rub any part of the machine against each other.
- The moisture of the crop for threshing should be proper.
- How the nutbolts inside the machine should be properly.
- Pour the crop evenly in the thresher.
- Do not use intoxicants while operating the machine.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing while operating the thresher.
- Do not allow workers to work when they are unwell.
- There should be adequate lighting around the thresher.
- If spark is coming out of tractor or oil engine, then face the exhaust of the sparks on the other side so that the fire does not start.
- Be careful while working on the thresher.
- Do not smoke hookah, bidi, cigarette, etc., where the ghah is going on.
- At the time of accident, keep some essential medicines near the machine for first aid.
Check out more tractors and tools only here at Homestead Tractor!