We hope 2022 is off to a great start for you and yours!
The big homestead projects on our list for this year include:
- Installing a hanging gutter system for rain water collection & moving water away from the house.
- Building a duck house & run area with fencing, grass & little pool. We’re getting ducks in the spring! Super excited!
- Installing a drip irrigation system for our big (80 x 80) garden and orchard.
- Building a retaining wall along the pathway to the garden & front acreage.
- Putting in a french drain system or something similar for our mud season runoff & standing water issue in the back of the house.
- Planting wild flowers & other perennials on the big hill behind the house to help with erosion.
- Improving the big garden soil so we can raise more fruits & veggies & win the war on thistles!
- Building a chicken tractor(A chicken tractor is a smaller, mobile-type coop. Chickens are great little tillers, so I’d like to be able move them around during the summer to forage bugs, weeds, grass, etc. in the big garden and other areas..)
We just finished building another small house and have a project list a mile long now for decorating/furnishing ideas. Never-ending, but always something fun!
We’ll be adding a lot more content on various other topics too. More on that soon!
If you have any questions, or want to get in touch, use our contact form. We’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as we can!